What is Trauma-Informed Education?
Trauma-informed Education is an approach to fostering youths’ social-emotional development with practices that support all students, but is particularly inclusive and responsive to the needs of children and youth who have experienced trauma. This approach calls for creating reliable learning environments where students who have experienced adversities and trauma
- feel supported and connected;
- are welcome to explore their strengths and identities;
- can exercise their agency;
- can develop meaningful, positive relationships with adults and peers; and
- have access to the mental health supports they need.
*More information about how Trauma-Informed Education is being implemented at NPS coming Soon!