NORWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT
For more information call (970) 327-4336 ex. 203
Click here to view salary schedules
Norwood School District is currently seeking Paraprofessionals to work with all age groups.
Job Description: Responsible for assisting with the instructional and educational needs in a variety of functions and settings.
Open Until Filled
Hours Per Day: 8 Hour Position
- Providing instructional assistance to students who are identified as needing additional and differential help.
- Providing assistance in providing academic and behavioral support to students.
- Student supervision duties
- Collaborates and consults with the classroom teacher, special education teacher and specialists in instructional activities in accordance with IEP goals.
- Assists with instruction in the classroom, one on one and small groups.
- Maintains and monitors the daily activities of the student and provides a variety of assistance when needed.
- May assist with the preparation of instructional and resource materials.
- Maintains some student records pertaining to behavior and progress, including confidential reports and information and reports.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Interacts and communicates appropriately with parents and other staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING: High school graduate or equivalent
- Computer skills
- Word processing
- General office equipment
- Effective communication
- Experience working with children GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- Is flexible
- Has the ability to work co-operatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintains a generally positive attitude
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent standing, walking, sitting, and bending.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
To apply complete the application for classified non-teaching positions.
Norwood School District is always looking for substitute teachers. Please contact the office at 970-327-4336 extension 203 for more information or to apply.
Bus Drivers / Janitorial Staff / Kitchen Staff
Norwood School District is currently seeking substitutes for Bus Driver, Janitorial and Kitchen staff. For more information about any of our current job openings contact the school office at 970-327-4336 ext. 203
Norwood School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Norwood School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Norwood School District is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
All buildings/grounds in District R2-JT are tobacco free